Thursday 14 February 2013

Valentinesss

Normally I roll my eyes on Valentines Day but I'm feeling quite festive today! I'm wearing a heart pattern dress and I have a little arts and crafts project drying as I write this post.
Just give me a moment to be cheesy..... I feel like loved ones in our lives can go unappreciated and Valentines Day is a day were you can remind the people in your life that you love them.  Sometimes you never get to tell someone how you feel until it's too late :(. So take sometime today and do something special for a friend or loved one.

Here I am channeling my inner Rebecca (my blogger idol http://theclothes.blogspot.ca/). I promise you clear photos one day lol, I'm still trying to figure out my Nixon DX or maybe I'm going for that artsy blurry look......




My friend Laura and I were talking about how much we miss Valentines Day in elementary school. Our parents would buys those dollar store cut out cards for us and on Valentines day we would give them out to our classmates.  I'm not sure what grade we grew out of that...
I have very fond memories of opening envelops and receiving a popular cartoon or boy band Valentines greeting.  Some of the cards were extra loving and I would strategically give it to the boy I liked. Not that it really mattered, I was such a mega nerd... even then.   If I was in elementary school today, I'd hand out these cards or if I had a child I'd make them hand these out!

Riker and Dr Crusher are my favourites <3 but  I'd give my crush the Captian Picard one ;).


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment