Saturday 16 February 2013

Blondies do it better

Normally I work on Saturday but because of Family day this Monday, I got the day off. Although I love sleeping in, this month I'd prefer the cash. I recently purchased a trip to BC on my credit card and I'm eager to pay it off. Either way, today I woke up at 11am and had the urge to get my bake on (that's a saying).
My next baking goal is to make up my own recipe because I've used other peoples baking recipes my whole life. I feel like I have the knowledge to come up with my own dessert. I've been thinking I want to make a raw dessert first and I have an idea stirring around my brain.  That post will come soon :).
Back to this morning, I woke up with the baking urge and consulted my cook book for a dessert recipe. I found a recipe for blondies and I had all the ingredients for it, so it sounded perfect. I've never actually baked a blondie before but I've definitely eaten them. I may have chosen to bake these blondies because I have a subconscious desire to dye my hair blonde again...
The recipe was easy enough, I gathered all the ingredients and started to bake.  
I mixed the dry ingredients first, followed by the wet ingredients in a separate bowl. I somehow found another recipe that uses dark rum ...drool drool. It was 11:30am when I bake these so I resisted the temptation to be day drunk (lol). 













Lately, I find it difficult to figure out what size pan to use. All the recipes are always in inches and I tend to eyeball it but I find I'm just way off. Today I lined three different glass pans finally finding one where the dough actually fits. Now I know what an 8 inch pan looks like. 

Ease of recipe: 5/5
The only thing I found difficult was the pan selection but everything else was extremely simple and easy to follow. 

Taste: 5/5
These taste pretty damn good. They are gooey, buttery and delicious.

Friends/Family thoughts: 4/5
I got a really good response with these blondies.

Likely hood to remake recipe: 3/5
I would remake these blondies again but not for a while, they are a little greasy and heavy and I assume high in calories :|.

Overall Cooking Experience: 4/5


Bonus Casey Points: 0/1
Casey was not around to judge this recipe.


Final: 21/25

I found the batter didn't seem to want to hold in the chocolate chips and nuts. I hand mixed the dough at the end but they kept popping out of the batter. I had to stuff them back in and mould the dough to the bottom of the baking pan. When I taste tested the blondies some chocolate still fell out. This doesn't take away from the taste at all it's just a little annoying because I want my chocolate to stay in the dessert.  In the photos above you can see a few rogue chocolate chips not mixing well with the batter. 
Despite the unruly chocolate chips and greasy texture, people will love you for making these blondies and the batch will be gone in seconds. Try to keep baking these to special occasions and birthdays, so no one puts on any blondie pounds.


xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment