Thursday 18 April 2013

Juice Cleanse

I'm taking a pause from baking and doing a two (possibly three) day juice cleanse. Every year around this time I look at myself in the mirror and notice my winter weight... which really isn't anything being 5'1 and 110lbs but enough to make me want my summer bod back. I find it easier to kick start a diet by doing a liquid diet first. I am a vegetarian and I cook and eat as vegan as possible. I do have my cheat moments when the smell of a cheese pizza gets the best of me. For a few months every year I go completely vegan. I know I will get the judgement stares from the true 100% vegans but I do what I can and that means for me a few months out of the year completely vegan.
This juice cleanse will start off my diet for the coming months. I have decided to try Joe Cross' Reboot 3-day quick start juice cleanse. The recipes can be found http://www.rebootwithjoe.com/rebooting/plans

I'm at the end of day one and I noticed at around 7pm I started feeling hungry and really dizzy.  Another physical side effect I'm noticing is that my tongue is heavily coated with a thick white plaque, this is abnormal for me. At this point it doesn't concern me, I just pray I don't break out or get a hideous rash (again). Last year the back of my neck broke out with an awful detox rash.
The juice is giving me a ton of energy but it isn't long lived.  I'm hanging in there, craving ice cream and chips.  The nice part about the cleanse is the fresh juices turn the most beautiful colours and they don't taste bad either.... Except the tomato/red pepper drink, that was difficult to get through. I'm off to sleep now, I'll update you all tomorrow.

-tash

No comments:

Post a Comment