Tuesday 23 April 2013

Healthy Livin'

The juice cleanse is officially over and I'm back on solid foods again.  I managed to last just under two days. I had some salad and half of a lentil burger for dinner on the night of day two. Considering I was only consuming liquids, I had a lot of energy and was able to function. On the second day I went for two separate walks about 40 minutes each way and I didn't feel like I was going to pass out. On the morning of the cleanse I weighed in at 113lbs. 3 lbs of that was bloat because the night before I had half of a large pizza with creamy dipping sauce, my farewell to cheese. By the end of day two, I weighed in at 108lbs. The weight loss wasn't as drastic as last year when I did the broth cleanse but I could hardly walk on that one from lack of calories, so I would definitely recommend the juice cleanse as a realistic way to detox and kick start healthy living.
Post cleanse I am feeling great, I've started lifting weights every day and I've decided to try doing the plank for at least one minute per day. I'm not sure if this will actually do anything, I'm not interested in having washboard abs, I just want a little less tummy fat and slightly more definition. I will update you all (with pics possibly) if it actually starts working. The main reason I'm hesitant is that I'm so inconsistant with exercise but if I start with small goals and do the exercises during tv commercial breaks my body will start becoming more defined.  I figure it's better than nothing, right ?
Healthy living doesn't have to meal starving yourself or doing insane amounts of time at the gym.  It's all about portion control, healthy choices and consistant exercise. Alright I can talk the talk and I have my goals, now the only thing standing in the way of my success is me.

xo
tash



No comments:

Post a Comment