Monday 20 May 2013

me me me

Today I had a ME a day. I slept in and watched Mad Men until 11am, forced myself to go for a run and then I went on a sorbet mission. It was a mission because I walked for 45 minutes to an ice cream place, only to find out they just sell ice cream.  All was not lost, I found a Starbucks and ordered an iced americano and then walked another 45 minutes (up hill) to get home.  By the time I got home I was starving so I made the most delicious feast.  While my sweet potatoes were cooking, I discovered dark chocolate and strawberries in my house. I decided chocolate covered strawberries would make up for the lack of sorbet... I've never actually made chocolate covered anything but how hard could it be? I melted down the chocolate in the microwave with some Earth Balance, dipped a few strawberries in it and then let them chill in the fridge. Since is was so beautiful outside, the cats and I had a lovely dinner on the patio.
What a fun day :)


This is half a cucumber chopped and seasoned with salt, pepper and vinegar. The sweet potatoes were steamed in tinfoil with garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper and ginger. I grilled an Amy's California burger and served it with salsa and chopped avocado.

This is Buttons, she ran inside after this photo was taken.

This is Casey, of course.


Mmmm the chocolate covered strawberries 


I thought it was funny how my name turned out "Nafusha", haven't heard that one before....

No comments:

Post a Comment