Wednesday 22 October 2014

Changes

Hello all you out there in internet land.
You may have noticed a lack of posts and inspiration lately. Don't fret though, I haven't been uninspired just a touch crazy... haha.
It's kinda of funny, I haven't really been baking that much but I've been cooking ALL the time. I still enjoy baking but less than I did before. I just find cooking to be much more fun because it's less technical and it's much easier to experiment with. I've been exploring new flavours and spices, with great results. I just did not document any of this for you wonderful readers.
I swear I'll change my un-sharing ways. I have made a few amazing soup recipes that deserve to be shared with the world!
My Thanksgiving was a hit, well the cooking part of it. I made a wonderful squash soup and a beet and sweet potato side. All very yum. The tragedy came when I attempted to make a pie! As if, me the pie maker messed up a pie crust. It wasn't entirely my fault, it was my stupid scale. The batteries are running low and were not registering the 7g of salt I needed for the crust. Who knows how much salt I actually put into the crust, all you need to know is that it was nasty. HA. But mistakes happen to the best of us. For some reason the filling didn't set either so I scooped out the middle and turned the tragic pie into a pumpkin pudding of sorts.
That was a little life lesson rolled out into a very salted pie crust. Ah well, the cooking was a success.
Something else new in my life is that I moved out of my childhood home (finally). I didn't have the funds before and about a year ago I finally found full time work in my field. YAY I'm an adult.
I do like living on my own, it does get a touch lonely sometimes because my mother is keeping the cats for now, although I keep asking for them. What's most annoying is that my oven is the killer of all thing delicious. It literally burns everything that goes inside. I try and look on the bright side and appreciate the fast cooking ways of my oven. It's just very hard because I burned one too many cookies.
Okay I promise posts to come with soup recipes and yumminess.
Always remember if your pie crust doesn't work out, scoop out the middle!

xo
tash

No comments:

Post a Comment