Saturday 8 February 2014

Baking Class

My baking classes have started at a local college and they are beyond fun. I decided to take the class on a Sunday afternoon so my work week is free and I have become a very busy bee.  When Sunday morning rolls around I regret my decision to take a weekend class but my feelings change once I am at school and in my chef outfit.
I was required to buy my own baking tools but any excuse to buy new toys works for me.  Two weeks ago we made an apple pie and my partner was away that week so I had to make two apples pies!
Week two we made bran muffins and scones... or what my dad calls "srones". I got creative with the recipe and made cranberry scones with a lemon glaze instead of boring currants. The last photo features my misshaped scones and a cup of David's Forever Nuts tea, which is actually the greatest tea EVER.

Here is a total nerd (but cute) photo of me in my chef outfit hehe.







Lemon Glaze Recipe
1 cup icing sugar
Juice from 1 lemon
1-2 tbsp lemon zest (depending on how lemony you would like it)

No comments:

Post a Comment